158 East Avenue
College of Three Ravens
While winter roars all around, the Industrious Barony of Thescorre wishes to invite all to join us for College of Three Ravens on February 29th, 2020 for a day of learning, companionship, shopping, and feasting. We will be returning for a third year to St. Paul’s Lutheran School, located at 158 East Avenue, Hilton, NY 14468. The site will open at 9am and will close for clean-up at 10pm. There is abundant parking off-street in the site’s parking lot. The entire site is handicap-accessible, and the event is located on the ground level.
With this year’s College of Three Ravens comes an invitation to journey into the Viking Explorations while attending classes, engaging in martial activities, feasting on delicious dishes, and engaging with one another. There is a wide range of learning opportunities that will occur throughout the day in a number of different classroom across the site. In addition to the various opportunities for scholarship, there is also a full-size gymnasium for pick-up Heavy Fighting & Fencing as well as fighting and fencing classes! Those wishing to volunteer their services as a marshal should seek out the marshals in charge.
For questions about classes or to register to teach, please contact the Chancellor of Classes, Lady Nicole du Marais (<-click link) or (585) 300-7319. Please note that classes can be on any and all aspects covered within the SCA; they do not need to be in any way related to the theme of Viking Exploration! For more information about classes, please see the C3R Classes Page .
See the UPDATED CLASSES PAGE Here
Event registration includes a sideboard lunch prepared by THL Lasairfhiona inghean Aindriasa (Vicki Presler) and Lady Murdia Drusilla Vettia Portia (Christine Coats).
- Dietary concerns for the sideboard lunch should be directed to Vicki (<–click link) or call (607) 382-0690 (No calls after 9pm please) OR Christine (<–click link) or call (585) 331-1193 (no calls after 9pm please).
***UPDATE: Lunch Ingredients List***(<—Click Here)
Fresh Baked Breads
Fruits/berries (depending on what’s available seasonally)
Barley Soup (vegetarian)
Cabbage Soup (vegetarian)
Meat on Skewers (chicken and either pork or lamb)
Applesauce with honey
Honey Roasted Root Vegetables
Evening feast will be prepared by Lord Peter O’Meagher (Peter Meagher).
- Dietary concerns for the evening feast should be directed to Peter (<– click link) or call (585) 732-2906.
***UPDATE: GF and Special Diet Feast Ingredients List*** (<– Click Here)
Evening Feast Menu:
Their Excellencies asked me to provide a Viking-esque Meal. I immediately thought of the transitional period of the Anglo Saxon Mead Halls during the 6th Century.
This feast is a representation of what could have been served during that time period. Due to the lack of written documentation during the 6th Century, I largely relied on midden archeology to provide me with a list of available ingredients. I then worked backwards, finding extant recipes that incorporate the available ingredients.
What I found was revealing. The economies of Eastern England thrived after the collapse of the Western Roman Empire. Foodstuffs, Rice from Spain, Wine from France, Olives and Spices from the Mediterranean, were imported into Eastern England in great quantity. Although, luxury items, they were shared by the Lords and Ladies to their populaces via the Mead Hall.
The Mead Hall was a central Institution, a gathering place for business, and justice. As well as the most important function: The Feast!
- Griddled Haddock With Herbs
- Whiting, Rosemary, Mint, Thyme, Sage, Butter (Clarified)
- Viking / Norse Flatbread/Shardbread
- Wheat Flour, Butter Milk, Eggs, Salt
- Mixed Salad of Spring Greens
- A Vinagrette of Herbs Oil and Vinegar
- Apple Cider Vinegar, Olive Oil Blend (Soy Bean Oil, Olive Oil), Rosemary, Mint Thyme, Sage, Parsley
- A Pottage of Pease (Cold)
- Peas, Salt, Pepper, Apple Cider Vinegar, Cilantro
- Candied Lemons
- Lemons, Sugar
- A Dish of Fried Chicken
- Chicken, Cinnamon, Cumin, Apple Cider Vinegar, Wheat Flour, Eggs, Salt, Pepper
- Chicken Sausage
- Chicken, Bacon, Almonds, Pecans, Cinnamon, Parsley, Thyme, Honey, Corn Oil
- Honey Mustard
- Mustard, Tumeric, Honey, Vinegar, Horse Radish
- Soda Bread
- Flour, Sugar, Salt, Baking Powder, Margerine, Buttermilk, Egg, Butter
- Armored Turnips
- Faux-Turnips (Potatoes), Cheddar Cheese, Butter, Cinnamon, Ginger, Pepper, Sugar
- A Tarte of Strawberries
- Strawberries, Wheat Flour, Crisco, Eggs, Bread Crumbs (Prepared), Sugar, Butter, Salt
- Beef and Rosemary Stew
- Beef, Horse Radish, Potatoes, Rosemary, Thyme, Sage, Terragon, Corn Starch, Celery, Carrots, Mushrooms, Beef Stock (Beef, Salt, Soy Protein, Sugar, Corn Syrup Solids, Yeast Extract, Dried Whey (Milk), Potato Flour, Caramel Color, Corn Oil, Xantham Gum)
- A Pottage of Rice and Oats
- Oats, Rice, Carrots, Celery, Salt, Pepper, Chicken Stock (Chicken, Salt, Sugar, Maltodextrine, Yeast Extract, Potato Flour, Tumeric)
- Wheat Flour, Crisco, Cottage Cheese, Butter, Eggs, Sugar, Cloves, Mace
Pre-registration is greatly appreciated for meal planning and places at feast table can *only* be guaranteed if payment is received by 2/21/2020.
Fighting/Fencing: There will be youth fighting and it is our hope that adult fighters will take time to offer guidance to the youth fighters present. Please see the Classes Page for Marshal Classes being offered.
Greetings to all who wish to sell their wares at the Barony of Thescorre’s College of Three Ravens on February 29th, 2020! The site is entirely indoors and we have ample space for merchants to set up tables in high-traffic areas.
There is NO additional fee for merchanting at this event, but registration is required to ensure space availability. Merchants will be able to enter the site at 8am to set up in the merchant area. Merchants are able to sell throughout the day and the merchant room will close for the day at the start of evening court.
Please contact our Merchant Liaison, Þorsteinn Inn Fagri (<– click link) with any questions or to register as a merchant for this event. Please include in that message: whether you need 1 or 2 6ft tables, if you will bring your own tables/displays, and how many chairs you need.
Reservationist: Mistress Matilda Bosvyle (<-click link for RSVP inquiries) (Jean Valentine) or call (585) 445-0755, no calls after 9pm, please.
- Adult Member Discount Event Registration is $12,
- Adult Event Registration is $17
- Youth (0-17) is FREE.
- Evening feast is an additional $8, $4 for Youth 5-17, and no charge for kids under 5 years old.
Send Reservations to:
208 Red Lion Rd
Henrietta NY 14467
Please make checks payable to: SCA NY Inc – Barony of Thescorre.
Reservations MUST include:
- Modern name
- SCAdian name and membership status for each person to be covered by your payment
- Indicate which are minors
- Indicate for whom feast reservations are desired.
- Contact information with your reservation so that any confusions can be quickly resolved.
No alcohol is permitted at the facility.
Enclosed flame is allowed.
Service animals are welcome (proof of current vaccinations required).
Sneakers must be brought (not worn) into the gym by all combatants to help protect the wooden floors.
Smoking is only allowed outside, well away from entryways.
For further information or questions, contact the Autocrats: Gwen Cooke (<-click link) (Jenn Bigelow) OR Lord Torbjorn Sigurdson (<–click link) 110 East Main Street, Corfu NY 14036 or (716) 481-3283. Please feel free to leave a message or text if no answer. Please, no calls after 9pm.
Friday, Feb 28, 2020 @ 6pm (tentative). Please come help set up the classrooms and halls. Many hands make light work! Many thanks in advance from your fellow Thescorreans.
Event Tear Down:
Immediately following the event. Please consider staying to help our industrious members clean up after a wonderful day of teaching, learning, and merriment!
Take your best route to NYS Thruway (I-90) – exit onto I-490 towards Rochester.
Exit onto I-390 northbound for 7.9 miles.
Use the left lane to take exit 27B onto the Lake Ontario State Parkway westbound.
In 3.2 miles, take East Manitou Road exit, turning left at end of off ramp.
In 0.8 miles, turn right onto Frisbee Hill Road.
In 0.6 miles, turn right onto North Greece Road.
In 256 feet, turn left onto Frisbee Hill Road.
Continue straight as Frisbee Hill Road becomes Wilder Road, which in turn becomes East Avenue.
After a total of 2.9 miles you will arrive at the school (on your right).